Blog


Gentle on my Mind

Daisies...the folk name for these humble flowers is "Measure of Love".  I am sure everyone remembers plucking the petals of these little flowers while repeating "loves me ....loves me not and being devastated to learn he loves me not.  The daisy is the symbol of gentleness and innocene.

I finished this painting about a month ago.  It was very quiet - almost shy.  The grey, blue sky and earthy greens didn't compliment the daisies.  It stood in the corner of the studio whispering to me,  but I couldn't hear it.  On an impulse, I sat it back on the easel - filled the sky with rich blues and added a lot of yellow greens to the foliage and grasses(using my finger at times to do this).  The deeper colors gave new life to the daisies....they are no longer shy.

Now my painting is talking to me and I can hear it.

I welcome all comments!

Read More