Blog


In the Stillness

I have been told I paint lonesome boats and that is okay with me.  Because for me it is all about the boats...no need for a wharf....no need for a fishing shed.....just the dory sitting in quiet dignity,  cradled by the great Atlantic. - Rene

Read More

Come Follow Me

I have painted several of these boats and the most difficult part is trying to produce that atmosphere that is so much a part of our mystic harbours and coves that house these special boats.  Everytime I paint a boat, I wish I knew how to build one..it would make the task so much easier.  For some reason  the quiet dignity and solid strenght of the east coast dories touch your emotions.....I see the expressions of the viewers face soften ...a little sigh....and then very  quietly respond with "I like the quietness of this piece".    I hope I have captured this feeling in "Come Follow Me".....

 

Appreciate your feedback. 

Read More